If you are pregnant, keep these considerations to bear in mind to ensure your teeth stay in tip top condition.
– Gum disease can be caused by hormonal changes. If you notice symptoms like bleeding gums, get treatment as soon as possible.
– Your teeth’s enamel can be weakened after repeated episodes of morning sickness.
– Do your best to keep sugar cravings under control.
Overlooking your oral health could negatively affect your child, so make sure you speak to your dentist about how to best care for your teeth.
Read the full story here: http://yourdentalhealthresource.com/what-are-the-top-dental-considerations-for-pregnant-women/
There are times when one or more wisdom teeth may need to be removed. There are several reasons why a dentist could recommend this common procedure. Let’s look at three common instances below.
– Pain or swelling in the jaw could indicate a problem.
– Impacted teeth might need to be extracted, as they can affect other teeth.
– Headaches or a dull aching within the jaw may allude to issues.
“Another problem with impacted wisdom teeth is that sometimes due to their skewed position in the mouth, they can’t erupt through the gum line all the way.”
Teeth are made of living tissue that can die and cause a range of dental problems. Here are some common symptoms.
– Pain ranging from mild to extreme
– Changes to the tooth color, which can become grey, yellow, or even black
– Swelling and a bad taste in your mouth
You may not always be able to spot a dead tooth by just looking at it, so it’s very important to visit your dentist if you notice any of these symptoms.
Read the full story here: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319062.php
Dental implants are an excellent way to replace a missing tooth or teeth. The simplest implant is a screw inserted into the jawbone with a crown attached to the end but different problems require different solutions. When it’s complete, it looks exactly like your other teeth- even the same colour.
Before fitting you with a dental implant, a dentist will carry out a thorough examination on the:
– General state of oral health
– Bone density of the jaw
– Proposed location of implant
Even if you have been “missing teeth for years” dental implants are the best choice for natural-looking replacement teeth. Dental implants will last a very long time if you practice good oral hygiene.
You can read about the different options at http://yourdentalhealthresource.com/are-there-different-types-of-dental-implants/.
If you have crooked teeth, you can consult your dentist about invisible braces. Nowadays, there are braces with invisible brackets and wires and perfect for adults.
– Lingual braces are fixed on the inside of teeth.
– Invisalign comprises a set of clear trays and can be removed before meals.
– Damon braces have clear brackets and wires.
– Ceramic braces use clear brackets and tooth-colored to minimise appearance.
Find out more at:
Making good toothbrush decisions can maximise the effectiveness of your oral care routine keeping your teeth in top condition.
– You should replace your toothbrush with a new one every few months, or sooner if you have been ill, or been treated for gum disease or tooth decay
– Avoid bacteria by rinsing your toothbrush and making sure it dries out properly after each use
– Use a soft-bristled brush to remove the most plaque buildup
Also, a 15-minute soak in mouthwash will help to deep-clean the brush and bristles.
“Keep a spare one in your bathroom and when you open it, write the date on the package so you know when to replace it!”
Read the full story here: http://yourdentalhealthresource.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-your-toothbrush/
As soon as your child’s first teeth appear, they should visit a dentist. There are several techniques which parents can use to ensure that this first experience is free from stress and pleasant.
Some useful tips to keep in mind are:
– Visit the dentist’s office with your child in advance so that it appears familiar.
– Let your child practice brushing the teeth of their favourite stuffed animals.
– Choose a dentist that is friendly with younger patients.
“It’s a good idea to visit the dentist office that you’ve chosen to be your child’s dentist.”